Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Is Here


Well a new year is here.  The first day is almost over and it has already been eventful.  I told myself Sunday morning that I knew there was going to be some major shakeups in my life (some had already occurred), and it has already begun.

A relationship has been destroyed by time, distance and circumstance.  Two critical friendships have fallen away.  My income is, as always, a month-to-month prospect that can be taken away at the drop of a hat.

My natural trust in humanity has been shaken to its core by an incident Sunday night.  I choose not to talk about it, but suffice it to say that my outlook has been changed drastically and permanently.  Basically, most humans are horrible creatures, who, if given the opportunity, will use and hurt others for their own amusement.

What will this new year hold?  It seems the last couple of years have been studies in drastic changes so I hope I can find a way to adapt once again.  I must admit I am tiring of the effort, but there must be a payoff somewhere.  There are decent people out there.  I know, I've met a couple of them.  They are few in number, and very hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment